Causes of Constipation
This article starts below.
What can cause constipation?
One or more of the following could be the reason why you are suffering from constipation:
- You have remained inactive for some time, and so the intestine failed to receive adequate stimulus to promote bowel movement.
- You have taken some medicines that have constipating side-effects, like iron preparations and drugs that lower blood pressure.
- Poor nutrition (like lack of fiber in diet) can have a negative effect on bowel movement. Inadequate fluid intake can also negatively affect your ability to defecate.
- Painful conditions of the anus and hemorrhoids (almuranas) can cause fear of defecation that can lead to constipation.
- Stool can become hard and difficult to pass if you are disregarding the call to move your bowel.