Do's & Don'ts for Acid Stomach
This article starts below.
- Do take time to relax, allowing about twenty minutes of leisure before and after eating. Eat slowly, chew each mouthful well, and make meals enjoyable, unstressful occasions.
- Don't smoke. It will irritate the stomach lining.
- Do make sure that you get enough sleep.
- Don't take aspirin in large quantities. It can cause gastrointestinal bleeding.
- Do make sure that your clothing is always loose and comfortable, especially over the stomach, and avoid tight belts and girdles.
- Do reduce the amount of coffee and tea you drink, and avoid them entirely during an attack.
- Don't drink alcohol.
Excerpt from Family Guide to Alternative Medicine