- 10 Steps to Fitness & Health
- Step 5. Control your hypertension.
- Step 7. Manage your diabetes.
- Step 8. Care for your colon.
- Related Sites
- Daily Health Tip
- In Focus
- Health Events
- “Knowledge for wellness”
- healthypinoy.com provides medical knowledge for the prevention and early detection of health problems, with emphasis on cancer, cardiovascular and infectious diseases. Read our articles or learn more about us.
- Our Logo
- The healthypinoy.com logo represents the fullness of joy (full spectrum of colors) that is obtained when health of mind, body and spirit (three interconnected loops) is achieved.
Hypertension, one of the health issues that come with age, can be easily diagnosed and easily treated. The comparative price-list of drugs for hypertension will help you save your hard-earned pesos while effectively treating hypertension.
The fasting blood sugar is one of the tests that lets you diagnose diabetes. Blood sugar goals for diabetics are important to achieve to prevent the many complications of this health problem. The comparative price-list of drugs for diabetes will aid you in controlling your blood sugar.
Colon cancer quietly starts as an innocuous polyp that transforms, over several years, into a full-blown malignancy. Age and family history are the two most important risk factors. Early detection of colon cancer is the best way to beat this health problem.
Tip #53: Work on your flexibility. It lets you bend and reach easily and prevents low-back pain as well as shoulder and neck stiffness.
“To know and not to do is not yet to know.”
Cholesterol levels need to be checked starting age 35 in men and age 45 in women. To treat, or not to treat high cholesterol levels depend on your overall risk for heart disease. Use our tool to find out your cholesterol goal and learn if you need to be treated or not.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Early detection is still the best bet in curing breast cancer, regardless of what computer models and animal studies claim to prove. This month, prevent advanced breast cancer by reviewing the early detection methods for this malady.
Health Education Week
October 20-24. Body weight is a reflection of your health status. Overweight? Hypertension, elevated cholesterol and diabetes are soon to follow. Ward them off by keeping a healthful weight. Discover your ideal body weight today.