- 10 Steps to Fitness & Health
- Step 5. Control your hypertension.
- Step 7. Manage your diabetes.
- Step 8. Care for your colon.
- Related Sites
- Daily Health Tip
- In Focus
- Health Events
- “Knowledge for wellness”
- healthypinoy.com provides medical knowledge for the prevention and early detection of health problems, with emphasis on cancer, cardiovascular and infectious diseases. Read our articles or learn more about us.
- Our Logo
- The healthypinoy.com logo represents the fullness of joy (full spectrum of colors) that is obtained when health of mind, body and spirit (three interconnected loops) is achieved.
Hypertension, one of the health issues that come with age, can be easily diagnosed and easily treated. The comparative price-list of drugs for hypertension will help you save your hard-earned pesos while effectively treating hypertension.
The fasting blood sugar is one of the tests that lets you diagnose diabetes. Blood sugar goals for diabetics are important to achieve to prevent the many complications of this health problem. The comparative price-list of drugs for diabetes will aid you in controlling your blood sugar.
Colon cancer quietly starts as an innocuous polyp that transforms, over several years, into a full-blown malignancy. Age and family history are the two most important risk factors. Early detection of colon cancer is the best way to beat this health problem.
Tip #22: In food labels, the "calories per serving" indicates the amount of energy (calories) contained in each serving of the product. If the label indicates a serving size of 2 tbsp. and calories per serving as 200, then simple arithmetic will let you compute how much calories is in 1 tbsp.
“To know and not to do is not yet to know.”
Ideal Body Weight
Our body weight is a reflection of our physical fitness. And it takes an entire lifetime to keep our weight in the ideal range. Start achieving your ideal weight today by computing your ideal body weight and daily caloric needs.
World AIDS Day
December 1. A sitting duck. That's what an HIV-infected person's immune system is as far as bacteria and protozoa are concerned. Suddenly, opportunistic organisms find it easy to breach the natural defenses of the body. Secure your defense by preventing HIV infection.